The name Okadabooks was thought of when the founder was riding an Okada in his dreams. He noticed how Okadas were able to bypass the congested roads of Nigeria by offering a cheaper, faster and more flexible alternative to conventional means of transportation. Do you want to experience hands-on skills? then okadabooks internship program is for you.
Today the conventional way of reading and publishing books is currently experiencing a traffic jam from poor distribution to high printing costs.
Okadabooks seeks to bypass the traffic in the Nigerian book publishing industry by making it easy to publish books, making it cheap to buy books but more importantly making it fun to read books on mobile devices!
At the end of the day, we are driven by the concept that people will read…if books are made cheap and easily accessible and what better way to do that than by using mobile phones!
OkadaBooks Internship Program
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Graduate Jobs Internships / Volunteering Media / Advertising / Branding Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
Details – OkadaBooks Internship Program
Kickstart your career with invaluable experience from Nigeria’s leading e-publisher
As a team, we’ve worked with dozens of bright, young minds from across the country to build the brand that we’ve become today, that’s why we believe in giving everyone equal opportunity to work with us at OkadaBooks
Are you a fresh graduate or undergraduate looking to get work experience to kick start your career? Here’s your chance.
About our internship program – OkadaBooks Internship Program
Our internship programs give you the opportunity to gain the skills necessary to work with a fast-paced, goal-driven team across different departments.
Internships are typically unpaid and run for a period of 4 months. They’re designed to tackle real-world problems while you contribute directly to OkadaBooks, giving you practical insights into how you can explore your chosen career path.
At the moment, you can intern with the following departments at OkadaBooks:
Marketing – Get the right message in front of our community and build reach
Sales and partnerships – Design promotions for some of Nigeria’s top brands
Content – Build content to connect with over 250k readers
Media – Create graphics and videos with top professionals
Internship location – OkadaBooks Internship Program
You can work from anywhere as long as you have a good WiFi connection. We stay connected over slack. Lagos applicants get extra consideration, with the possibility of coming into the Yaba office once in a while
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. We’ve got a team of experts to support you, but not pursue you
- Positive attitude to work. We have a go big or go home attitude, so you don’t get small tasks as an intern, you’re part of the team
- Curiosity to know more and experiment. We love questions, and we love to try out new stuff
- Bias for execution and getting shit done. As a principle, we don’t like to wait around
- Comfortable giving and receiving direct feedback. Both good and bad, we like it when people say it as it is
- Must be a team player. We value people at OkadaBooks, and we value people that work well together
- Is comfortable with a casual startup environment. There’s no rigidity or bureaucracy
Method of Application – OkadaBooks Internship Program
Interested and qualified? Go to OkadaBooks career website on blog.okadabooks.com to apply